2019 Scholarship Program
High School Scholarship Application Period February 14 – March 31, 2019
Kabayan Inc. Filipino-American Community of the Mat-Su Valley (FACOM) is proud to offer its 2019 Scholarship Program application. APPLICATION PERIOD IS FROM FEBRUARY 14, 2019 TO MARCH 31, 2019. FACOM will award a scholarship to deserving high school graduates.Please read and follow the guidelines and checklist below, it is important to send all necessary documents for application eligibility. If you wish to skip directly to the Scholarship Application, please scroll down past the Guidelines and Information to the bottom of this page.
Applicant Eligibility Guidelines
- Must be a current high school senior on track to graduate in May 2019
- Must be accepted as a full time student beginning Fall 2019 either a business, trade or college institution.
- Currently live OR go to school in the Mat-Su Valley area
- Grade point average of 3.5 or higher
- Must submit a Letter of Recommendation by High School teacher, counselor or principal
- Have demonstrated a commitment to improving their community
- Be available to accept their award certificate at Kabayan Inc. Annual Community Christmas event on December 7, 2019 at Menard Sports Complex, Wasilla
The FACOM Scholarship Review Committee selects the winners based on the following scoring points:
30 Points – Academic Achievement/GPA
20 Points – Essay
20 Points – Student Leadership and/or Extracurricular Activities (ex: Student Governnent, Orchestra, ROTC, etc.)
15 Points – Applicant’s FACOM participation (Volunteering in FACOM activities)
15 Points – Community Service (ex: Citywide Clean Up)
______ Completed 2019 High School Scholarship Application Form
______ Submitted copy of High School Official Transcript of Records with Cumulative GPA
______ Essay (No more than 500 words.) Essay must include the following:
- PART ONE – PERSONAL INFORMATION: Please include information about yourself that you would like the Selection Committee to know – Where you were born, your family background, hobbies, your plans for the future and your ultimate goal in life?
- PART TWO – ANSWER THE QUESTION: In the career pathway that you have chosen what does it mean to you? How will it help you succeed? And what impact will it bring in the community you are in?
______ Proof of involvement in FACOM activities, Community Services, Student Leadership and Extracurricular Activites
______ Acceptance Letter from a Business, Trade or College Institution
______ Two Letters of Recommendations: One from a community member ad one from a current teacher, counselor or principal.
For all inquiries please email us at email@example.com
*Complete application form and send your supplemental materials to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before March 31, 2019
*Winner will be announced on April 30, 2019
*Winner Recipient will also be invited to Kabayan Inc. Annual Community Christmas Event on December 7, 2019 to receive their award certificate.
Please fill out the 2019 Scholarship Application below:
You may submit your application online or Print and Email your application. Click the button to start your Scholarship Application. All supporting documents must be emailed to email@example.com by March 31, 2019.